Monsoon is here, and your elegant hardwood floor needs proper care during the dampness of this season. Surfaces Reporter spoke to Suresh Kumar Mansukhani, Country Manager (India), Junckers – one of the leading manufacturers of wooden flooring in India, about the necessary precautions and measures that should be taken to protect one’s delicate, hardwood floor in order to keep their beauty intact during the downpour.
1. Rainwater spoils the shape and quality of wood articles in the house. Ensure the rain water does not enter your home and harm your hardwood floor. In case it happens, do mop the floor immediately.
2. Check all wooden items and wood floors if they are properly waxed or polished to guard them from moisture since the moisture content in hardwood floors tends deform it.
3. Mop the floor regularly with a damp mop or microfiber mop to keep the planks moisture free and avoid using harsh floor cleansers as these may harm the floors. Use Floor Cleaners and wax polish recommended by the Hardwood Flooring Companies. Please do not buy local made cleaners or polish.
4. Ensure that there is enough ventilation for fresh air, otherwise humidity will bring dampness, harming the floors. Use of electric or manual Dehumidifiers is highly recommended during this season.
5. If the Hardwood Floor has been recently installed - spaces/gaps must have been made in between the joints of the planks. These would get filled in and expand due to moisture in the air. Also no gaps would now be visible. Therefore the monsoon would give a uniform look to your Hardwood Floor.