Wooden furniture sure is the center of attraction in any space. Be it home, office or any restaurant for a fact, wooden tables, sofa, dining tables sure are the eye catcher. Nobody wants their wooden furniture to look dull or scratched. You might wonder how you can really maintain your wooden furniture for years just by following a few quick steps. For that, Surfaces Reporter (SR) has some amazing go-to tips for you, following which you can maintain your wooden furniture and protect them from any kind of wear and tear.
1. Keep away from direct sunlight: Make sure to keep your wooden furniture away from direct sunlight as it gets dull and the polish starts to fade with time. You can use a cloth or a mat on the wooden tabletop that is exposed to direct sunlight. This way, you won’t have to change your interior setting and your furniture will be healthy too.
2. Clean with a cotton cloth: One can just dust the wooden furniture with a cotton cloth from time to time. This way any sort of dust sitting in top will be removed and your furniture will look fresh as new.
3. Polish it time to time: Sometimes you may see spots on your wooden furniture that may have happened after to too hot or too cold water was set over it. You can remove the spots by polishing wooden furniture with oil from time to time which will also minimize the spots and can also completely remove them with time.
4. Never place hot or cold utensils on top: Make sure to never use too hot or too cold utensils on top of your wooden furniture directly. This will damage the top layer and may bring visible spots on top which are hard to treat. Always use a mat, potholder or a table cloth before settling any hot or cold object on top.
5. Wax when needed: Some people tend to chop their veggies directly on table tops that scratches the top layer which is clearly visible and becomes hard to treat. If that has ever happened or if your wooden furniture has scratches on it, you can simple just wax it every 3 months and make your furniture look good as new.
6. Use cleaners when necessary: You can use a wooden furniture cleaner sometimes while dusting your furniture. It will prevent your furniture from any kind of harm from sunlight, temperature or abrasion.
Wooden furniture can last for years if maintained properly. All you have to do if follow the steps mentioned above to keep your furniture smelling good without any spots or abrasions. Wood tend to age with time, some may fade and form a new color or some may darken with time. There is nothing to worry about it. Just make sure to dust it regularly, wax it, polish it and keep away from wear and tear and your furniture will always be good.